Tuesday, February 14, 2006

aw you love me..you REALLY love me..

do mind the stupid pun...

anyhoo a few days ago my hang out friends and i went to celebrate my birthday, it was actually a birthday for three people since two of my friends are having about the same birthday date as me. call me a material guy or something but when my friends gave me my birthday present i was quite shocked coz it's quite pricey to say the least.

yes yes save me the "boo"s and "phooey"s, hey i was touched deeply by it okay since that would mean you're doing something right with your friends. i sometimes wonder how other people perceive us as? do you? i mean we don't really know since friends talk about us ALL the time when we're not around (one more reason to attend social outings more frequently, haha) and usually they don't go around thanking you all about or cursing you inside out. that's the thing with being an asian! asians tend to be very reserved; they don't thank their friends nor criticize them honestly. aw don't lie, when your friend comes out with a dress that would fit someone with 10 pounds less in their tummy and ask you "how do i look?" you wouldn't really tell them the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth right? you'd go "erm..it's unique?" RIGHT-O.

what makes you qualify as a good friend, a likeable person, a sociable fellow, etc? don't think i qualify for any of the above thanks to my moody self. i dun attract people as many as this one guy i know, i tell you he can sell ice blocks to the eskimos. definitely not as good looking as some of the people i encounter either. SERIOUSLY don't have a thing with words as those cassanovas, gawd i get tounge tied when i am nervous.

there's one thing that i learn last month, you don't always need to be the(e) most something2 all the time. you can be awkward once a while, you can wear the wrong outfit a few times, you can style your hair the "unique" do sometimes and trust me if your friends are real friends, you'll get away with'em. c'mon that's why they give you presents during your birthday, they have to stand ALL this shi*es from you, har~low..haha. you know what they like best of you? it's those days when you are awkward, wearing the wrong outfit and style your hair "uniquely" (all in one day if possible actually :D)

so i think this year i have to thank my friends for giving me this really nice present! it burnt a big major crater in their pockets too by the way...hehehe....hey, i'm just trying to be honest and defy my whole asian ancestors here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yan Dao said...

Boo... *khorrr* ptooei!

Living in a material world...
Living in a material world...
Lalala...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Belief in Life said...

Did I mention that my fren works in Creative? Could have gotten a discount. =p

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home