Thursday, November 03, 2005

the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?)

the end is never the end before the(e) end

i suppose not so many people quite like the idea of having a sudden change; something that is so abrupt, foreign and pretty much unfamiliar isn't exactly one that is wanted. probably people are so content with their current situation that when a shift is needed *or rather done* it is like pulling a rug under their feet?

yesterday a colleague leaked out the gossip of the month (it is supposedly a secret no one other than the higher management people is supposed to know..and yes the keyword here is "supposedly") remember that friend who is a stuck up manager? well he is going to be fired next monday right after the hari raya holidays. it came as such a shock since no one quite expected it. well he was quite incompetent for the last few months because he was always ill and even skpped work a few times (too many times if you ask me, but he WAS sick) due to stress and overexhaustion. the problem is i suppose the bosses oversees his whole attempt but rather the results of his work instead which are not really worth the mention. c'mon the guy was making vomitting sound every other second, how on earth do you expect him to be able to pass up a decent report?

in my opinion this whole case is sad. on one hand you have this man who is happily spending his one week holiday in his hometown, pretty much contented with everything since his wife of one year is at the moment four months pregnant and his job can be considered as stable, considering the facilities he has received. btw he is also currently installing a house in one of the better parts of jakarta. whereas on the other this very same person is going to be "let go for better opportunities" on his first day of work next week. i don't know how his reactions would be when he hears this news on monday, i don't think i dare to say anything to him.

part of me wants to say that it serves him right for treating his subordinates so badly but of course i also pity him coz i know he has tried his best in doing his job. it's just not good enough? think about it, there are parents who tell their children that the most important of doing anything is putting your heart in it and doing your best rather than doing better than all the other kids. well reality check for you all parents and future parents - it's not! apparently our world is so shallow as to appreciate results so much more than attempts. call me shallow, call me dumb but i myself appreciate my subordinates who pass up their reports on time and with a certain standard rather than those who stays overtime daily. don't we all? pretty hard to say i guess. as much as i want to believe that it's the attempts that counts, i know that it's not true.

sometimes i worry. it's been nagging me, what if i was to be put in his shoes. to have tried everything that i can but in the end of the day still considered not worthy enough of people's respect and acceptance?

maybe a bow and one step backward would be much more appreciated? or is it the fight til the end that would be more respectable? it's 2.30 am now and i still can't fathom the reason why i'm feeling so depressed over other people's problem. maybe i just want to be more prepared if ever the rug under my feet is pulled? well there is always a continuation after the whole 'fall' coz the world doesn't end there, you still have to get up after it. a 'fall' is natural, something that can happen and will probably happen in everybody's life (harlow blame it to the 9.87 m/s2 gravity..har har, corny huh?) but sometimes it's how you get up from the fall that counts also coz it's the results that count right? i suppose it's never the "end" until the(e) end. *sigh*

15 Comments:

Blogger Muffin Man said...

why are you always so concerned about other pp??

the company has to be result oriented ... otherwise it would lose money and then it would close and then MORe pp would be unemployed.

You produce results SO there is nothing to worry about.

It might be even good that that person gets a wakeup call ... telling him that he has to buck up in the next job.
So hopefully everything works out fine.

If you worry about everything in the world .. you would be totally depressed.

(god .. i sound like aunt agony )

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding speeches I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding speeches. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding speeches.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on wedding cakes when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding cakes. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wedding cakes at the site above.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on wedding speeches when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on wedding speeches then drop by the site above and check it out.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there spie_dee, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wedding receptions I ended up on your page. Obviously the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding receptions. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wedding receptions then drop by for a look.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there spie_dee, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wedding speeches I ended up on your page. Obviously the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding speeches. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wedding speeches then drop by for a look.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding dresses, I ended up on your page. Your the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding dresses.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, taking a little time today to see what Help People will send me to that is interesting. the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Help People in my e-travels. Have a super day!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding cakes I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding cakes. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding cakes.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on wedding dresses when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding dresses. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wedding dresses at the site above.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding planning I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding planning.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding speeches I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding speeches. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding speeches.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on wedding favors when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding favors. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wedding favors at the site above.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi spie_dee, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wedding dresses I somehow ended up on your page. As your the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about wedding dresses, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding cherished wedding favors and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) spie_dee your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on cherished wedding favors was way off when compared to the world is too result oriented (anyone dare to say otherwise?) and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for cherished wedding favors for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at cherished wedding favors. You never know you may find some good deals!

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home