Tuesday, August 23, 2005

zoink! you are so superficial...

no i'm not! *boink3x* maybe just a lil...well...? am i? hmm...

a friend of mine was sharing with me her problems and her "demons" within last night via the oh-so-trustworthy msn messenger (what would we do without it right? bill gates, you're da man! haha) well i went on consoling her and me being me who is so self centred (i do consider myself one sometimes) told her that i also have my own short comings..sort of a "demon" also? i am very self conscious and that is why i go to the gym...you know what she said?

"zoink! you are so superficial..."

no i'm not! *boink3x* maybe just a lil...well...? am i? hmm...

it may sound so simple right? appearance. when someone is very self conscious about their appearance and looks in general then he would easily fall in the "superficial" or "vain" category. thing is i am never very confident with my own looks and how i project myself in public.

i was a very shy kid long10x time ago, still am during certain occasions and situations *i AAAMMM...i just don't show that side much anymore..hahaha* let's just say that i don't ace in the looks factor, no gals will stop and stare at me when i passby anytime soon just to cut long story short. so i actually promised myself last february when i hit 25 *my, i'm OLD* that i should give the nearby gym a shot and hopefully get a better built. in the process of everything i hope to regain my lost confidence :

am i trying to justify my intentions for frequenting the gym? maybe. am i shallow? probably.

but there's always two sides of a coin, i know that the reason is more than skin deep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Belief in Life said...

I suppose we are all guided by our principles and inner reasoning, no matter how stupid/shallow they may be.

So at the end of the day, as long as we can convince ourselves of the logic behind our actions, it's alright. The most important thing is don't lie to yourself!

We live the life we want and the decisions we make are entirely up to us. =)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home