Friday, June 17, 2005

forget me not, dear...

"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."
- The Notebook

An office friend just told me that she has a friend whose father went missing during a wedding reception, literally! His elderly father apparently went out from the kitchen door of the hotel and since he could not remember anything (due to dementia) he went on to the streets looking for something that could help him remember. later on he went to take a cab but he did not get the street's name right either and ended up somewhere even further from his house. it was told that he lived in the streets for a week until he was found a week later..just a day late, he passed away the day before...

it is a pretty sad case to actually die the way he did but the sadder fact is the amount of dementia cases happening around us these days..have you ever thought of it before? if the lights start to dim and your memory starts to fail you? if we start to lose bits and pieces of our lives. is there anything we can do about it?

look around you...the simple thought of forgetting people you really love and care about would be a haunting nightmare i suppose. but probably in the mean time, let's just try to appreciate people more. for the past few weeks i've been thinking about how some of my friends have taken me for granted, now i realize, that's such a selfish thought. what matters is whether YOU are taking your friends for granted or not, other issues are none of your concern. let's just cherish the days we have with our loved ones and ask nothing in return for their friendship is already something so much more to be thankful to God about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muffin Man said...

sorry ... this is not relevant to the post ...

just wanted to tell you that i have a new tag board :P

see what no chatting can do to me .. i start to meddle with my blog.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home