Tuesday, December 27, 2005

how's your christmas?

mine's great! i spent it alone...

a friend replied with a "no..really how was it?" needed some time to seriously tell that friend that i did spend it alone and i DID enjoy it *tremendously*.

you know it's really odd, maybe i'm somekind of closet antisocial person or something bcoz every now and then i need some time to be alone. last time when i was in singapore i used to go to kinokuniya at takashimaya just by myself accompanied with my loyal discman *come on it was the 90s after all).

do you realize i am currently breaking the number 1 rule of every social science theory that claims human is a social being. but why do i like to be alone? to put it simply, i treasure my privacy ALOT.

i'm thinking really hard now and trying to figure out the reasoning behind this anti social act here. maybe it's because i can be myself when i walk alone, there is no cravings to be accepted by others, i can do whatever i want, go wherever my heart feels like going *don't worry i'm not gonna break into "the hills are alive" anytime soon btw*. it might sound corny but i think every man needs their space.

i sometimes wonder whether there'd be this special significant other who can understand me the way i understand myself. will i have a better and more eventful christmas? but for now i don't think i can have a better christmas than this one - time to rest, exhale and think what i have done this year. maybe this christmas i need to learn that christmas is not about all the lights at the mall, the presents or even the company of your friends but more about how you appreciate yourself. this christmas i realize i'm not that bad a company at all... :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Yan Dao said...

Would you stop describing about my life for once? grr...

Aniwae, I spent my Christmas with someone special (ok, there were 3 people), so it was good, it was good.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

yo stef, happy new year!!!
yap, i agree that christmas is not about all the lights at the mall, the presents or even the company of your friends... when i was a child i ued to think that christmas is about presents, new clothes, and good foot. but as i grew up, my perception changes.

anyway, i spent my christmas eve and christmas day in office :(

wishing you a blessed new year, and may all your wishes come true.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home