Wednesday, February 21, 2007

understanding

is a big misunderstanding

day in day out i always want people to understand me; well at least my friends? think like me? be in my shoes once a while? try walking my path? but today in my room i realize that sometimes if you want to be understood, try understanding others first. we concentrate so much in getting people to view things from our spectacle that we have become blind against their point of view at the first place.

"you're not the unluckiest person on earth... (there must be some good in you to get it this far?)"
"you have a knack in not believing in yourself"

just some quotes i heard from my friends this couple of months... mmm... to be honest it got me pondering about those statements. all these while i'm always torn since i feel that people don't understand me or rather, they misunderstand me but i guess sometimes hard as it is we have to refrain from pushing our piece of mind to other. probably the best way to get our slice of understanding is to try to understand others first? put your feet in their shoes?

the world is cold... everybody is trying to get everybody's (somebody's? anybody's?) sympathy one way or another. you know what i hope? i hope i can be someone who is able to provide comfort, someone to talk to or even just an ear to listen probably? thinking back i guess there is some truth in what my friend said, "everybody is experiencing the same thing". we all probably do but we have to walk on. don't concentrate on your feet all the time with the pebbles underneath but look in front, don't take your eyes off your goal and you'll be fine... *don't worry, i'm by your side... mmmm...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home