Friday, February 17, 2006

*knock* *knock* reality here

reality who? *aw you know reality WHO!*

spie_dee's listening to:

Wang Lee Hom's "Hua Tien Cuo"

that's probably the most common answer we usually makes. it is so much simpler to lie to ourselves, to think that the reality does not exist to a certain extent.

yesterday i was chatting with a friend regarding my upcoming GMAT test that i scheduled for the 27th february 2006. i was looking for a kind of moral support telling my friend about it and all. unfortunately she didn't give me the "good luck" reply i was expecting and rather she non-chalantly told me to take it easy since even if i don't do well then nothing will happen. even i do sooo badly *CHOI! hey i'm just trying to stay chinese here..* and do not get admitted *CH..erm nevermind* to any universities i intend to do my masters, she said "then don't study lor". well in human term that actually says "the world still revolves". she ended with a "so what's the big deal?"

well it's not a big deal actually, it's just my life at stake.

i was driving home wondering about the whole comment and i realized that we *or rather i?* would prefer to be lied at compared to the TRUTH. well harlow, knock knock reality is here. you can actually reply "no thanks, i didn't order a "reality", i DID ask for a "self delusional" combo special though" but seriously reality would come back at you. it's there whether you like it or not.

i mean let's put this into perspective let's say you know someone who is terminally ill and will be undergoing an operation the very next day, would you actually tell them what happen if the operation fails. "you'll die lor"

anyhoo for the time being (until i receive my GMAT) i don't care whether you lie or anything, do smother me with your lies. the best is of course not mentioning it at all, this particular test makes me REALLY nervous coz i'm not too confident about and this time around is a do or die. just wish me all the best and i think that's more than enough. i know what happens if i get satisfying GMAT results and i definitely know what will if i don't. don't think i need anyone screaming it on my ears thank you very much.

well not sure whether it's me who is waaaaaay too sensitive but in my opinion the news is just way too abrupt to break. and sure i AM being hyperbolic but seriously i think the world is just not ready to be THAT honest. or is there something wrong with me? *blink blink*

4 Comments:

Blogger Belief in Life said...

K, it was my fault for being insensitive. Caught me during office hours, which is a bad timing...

I apologise for bursting any bubble/illusion.

GOOD LUCK for the GMAT test! I know you will do splendidly well! =)

4:47 PM  
Blogger spie_dee said...

good lie :) i'm quite pumped up now. OSH! ganbarimasu!!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Belief in Life said...

I was about to say that you don't need any good luck...cos with yr intelligence, u will be able to ace the exam with no sweat. =)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

jia you! good luck yaa. anda pasti bisa deh.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home