Monday, November 29, 2004

my soliloquoy...

the game of pointing at each other...

do you know that one of the first sins that human did according to the christian bible is pointing at each other as in blaming them for your fault? it was said that adam ate the forbidden fruit that eve gave him and when God asked why did he eat it, he blamed eve...

dun worry i am not trying to preach or give you some kind of spiritual insights, never have been THAT spiritual and not planning to be in the very near future...

yesterday there was this incident that struck me...i was brought to the fact that i have a bad habit - blaming something upon others. let's say you made a mistake but the mistake isn't fully yours, what would you do? would you:
a. keep quiet
b. defend yourself by saying the fault isn't fully yours
c. ignore the comment and just walk away
d. none of the above

mind you the ala cosmopolitan trivia quiz but personally i would've gone for (b) for at least 10 minutes and only after that i would do (a). sounds selfish and self centred isn't it? well that's me...

*sigh* i'd really like to learn to just keep quiet sometimes...people will know the truth in the future anyways... is it that important to get your point acrossed? what's most important is you know that what you do is not wrong and nothing really matters, isn't it? hmmm... or maybe it's a
reflection of guilt? is it or isn't it? if so, is a person who defends himself when being blamed upon definitely guilty then?

i know not everything is black and white...right or wrong...true or false...you get the point i think but it doesn't stop me from pondering about the fact about me and my bad habit...hmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Belief in Life said...

I would like to comment that it depends on who the other party is.

For eg. if it's my boss saying that i m wrong, i will definitely point out that my supervisor or senior (whoever is the one sharing the blame with me), who guided me along the wrong path. I was merely following instructions, being the small fry that i m. Obviously, tis is bcos it directly will affect my chances of promotion.

However, if it is on a social level, unless it's my close grp of frens, i wun bother to open my mouth, n just leave it as my fault. This is bcos i can't b bothered with others' opinion of me (esp if they r unimp to me).

my 2-cents' worth..=) so it's not as if u r completely selfish or wat lah...it's normal human reaction.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home