Wednesday, November 08, 2006

do you feel 'homey' in singapore?

had a relatively long chat with my friend ocg yesterday regarding how we are coping with life in singapore and how different it is with our previous life back in our home countries. then there was this really interesting part when he asked me "do you feel homey in sg?"

*sigh* do you feel 'homey' anywhere? i think 'home' is a feeling that you get when you feel accepted. of course you will feel more at home when you are with your family, that is natural but other than that - do you feel homey anywhere else? do friends give you that kind of comfort, the same no holds barred feeling you get with your family? sadly i must say none of my friends have given me any of those, nor am i expecting them to provide me with such feeling either. i'll probably end up getting hurt expecting too much from my friends.

but i think home is where you want to be. right now it's probably what's the best i can make with this situation. i'm just too glad to have friends whom i can spend my time with. share most of my feelings and trouble; hopefully they feel the same about me too i guess. let's just 'enjoy' this ride and see where this vessel called the mba programme takes us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home