Thursday, May 18, 2006

meet my bestfriend - ME

"some people are happy to be remembered i guess"

don't you think it has a certain truth in it? i suppose some if not all individual will be happy if remembered. i was chatting with my friend about him planning to go to thailand for a business trip and how he usually does not buy anything for his so-called-friends. *he said he's a parsimonous person..yeah right stingy is more like it haha* then he asked me back "why would you want to buy small tid bits for acquintances" which i replied like the above.

won't you be happy if you are remembered?

well i guess..if it's someone dear to me? it's a compliment at its best to actually have someone think of you right? i'm overassuming it is not anybody scary, stalker or someone who thinks of you for all the wrong reasons *shudder*.

but knock knock reality check, how long will you or the memory of you remains in this world? a decade? two decades if you're lucky. the thing is that our existence in this world is just those that period of time. you should be overjoyed when your grandchildren can remember you by the time they are in their 30s. you might be mentioned once or twice by your great grandchildren? but that's the sad fact, our life is just temporary. we ARE temporary in this world. just a passing fad. well you get my line of thoughts do you?

so now time to rethink, is getting remembered that important? it's funny if you get upset when your friends in the office "accidentally" left you out or forgot to call you for lunch. come to think of it, in my opinion my bestfriend is myself. so what if there are a simultaneous syndrome of not remembering me amongst my friends. it's great to have friends but i think i should put my perspective right, there aren't too many friends who are willing to spend quality time with you, help you when you're down, listen to you whine etc etc *basically what the boybands usually croon about* other than yourself. say "oei" if you agree now. *OEI to myself...thankew friend..hahaa*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home