Tuesday, March 01, 2005

the thing about wedding photos...

marriage is like death..you heard about it..have a rough idea too..but you don't know what's on the other side...*shudder*

just now my friend gave me a browse to his recent wedding photos..it was beautiful..some were even taken in the mountains, river side and everything..it didn't stop me from getting a shudder and an empty feeling on the stomach..*no offense to you,henry*

i can't for the life of me imagine myself being on the picture..marriage is something that is terribly foreign and unknown..i hate anything that is foreign..it's the same feeling i got when i was younger and my mum used to ask me to eat something that looks weird and "exotic"..it's the "maybe later but not now..." gut feeling...

why did i feel that way?probably i am not ready yet for any commitment that ties a person to another person for what supposedly to be life long?or maybe i have not met the right person to share the right hand side of my bed?

do you know that a lot of asians *esp the older ones* think marriage is the inevitable thing to do after you are working and manage to buy your own car and house?it's pretty much like monopoly i suppose *mind you the analogy,feeling abit philosophic today..hahaa* after you roll the dice and get one round you'd want to get the property,then the house and after another round the hotel?same thing as marriage:work --> car --> house --> get married...harlow one round --> property --> house --> hotel...the resemblance scares me..haha..

hopefully i can complete the "monopoly" cycle but if not maybe it's God's will *great..now i'm blaming Him..tsk tsk..* for now i suppose just don't go around flashing your wedding photos to me and i think i'll be fine..meanwhile i'll cross my fingers and look for that significant other who wants to share that right hand side of my bed..heck i don't even mind swopping my comfortable-more cozy left hand side of the bed if the person is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home